Lemon Tart Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes longer (mixture will be very thick).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cover and cool completely.
- 3. Fold in sour cream. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 386 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.