Lemon Tart with Almond Crust Recipe
Our state produces an abundance of lemons, and everyone is always looking for new ways to use them. This beautiful tart is my delicious solution to the excess-lemon problem!—Lois Kinneberg, Phoenix, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1. Place the flour, almonds, sugar, butter, extract and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until blended. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing until mixture forms a soft dough.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 3. In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, peel and salt until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Pour into crust.
- 4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC