- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes longer (mixture will be very thick).
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cover and cool completely.
- Fold in sour cream. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Tart
Sort By :
"This pie was absoloutely amazing-simply delicious. I don't care for lemon meringue and was apprehensive to try this but it was so yummy! The best lemon pie I have ever had. The perfect lemon flavor sweet but with the right amount of tartness. I didn't have any lemon peel so I left it out, I did add a drop of lemon extract....The results was so delicious!!!!"
"Love this pie and its perfect for the times people are over who don't care for meringue."
"Excellent - tangy and creamy. Love it!"