- until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened
- and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from
- the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return
- all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and
- stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the
- lemon juice, butter and peel. Cool to room temperature without
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for
- 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Gradually beat in
- gelatin mixture until combined. Fold in the whipped cream and lemon
- Spoon three-fourths of cheesecake mixture into crust; build up edges
- slightly. Chill for 5 minutes. Spoon lemon filling over cheesecake
- layer to within 1/2 in of edges. Top with remaining cheesecake
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; remove sides of pan.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 534 calories, 37 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.