- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add remaining sugar. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring, if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into pie shell; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #21 star tip. Transfer reserved cream cheese mixture to bag. Pipe stars onto pie. Refrigerate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Supreme Pie
"great pie. took another reviewer's suggestion to only put 5 Tbs corn starch and it was perfect. Also used my own crust . Very good flavor."
"This is an excellent recipe. I used my own 10 pie crust and did not save any of the cream cheese mixture for garnish. Also next time Id will use 1 Tbs. less cornstarch in the lemon portion. When the piecooled the topping was a little stiff. Very lemony flavor,"
"I loved this pie! I used my own crust, and I didn't reserve a 1/2 cup of the cream layer for garnishing I kept it in the pie, which I'm glad I did because it didn't seem like it was enough to fill the pie if I didn't. I served it with whipped cream as a garnish instead, but it doesn't even need it. I also added a teaspoon of lemon zest to the cream filling as well."
"This recipe is quite good, but like some other people mine looks nothing like the picture. I ended up with about as much lemon filling as cream cheese filling; way more than pictured. I also experienced the weird slimy liquidy layer on top of the pie after a day in the fridge. Weird. But it tastes great and is super easy to make! This one is definitely a keeper."
"My family went crazy over this pie. They are requesting it again for Christmas."
"Good recipe but added a few changes to make it great. 1. Don't use a pre made base. Use 250g of crushed digestives (17 biscuits), put in bag then demolish with a rolling pin. Pop it in a bowl then add 110g of melted butter mixing then push into a removable base tin then place in oven at 160 for 8 minutes. 2. Once you have made the lemon topping sive the sauce and remove all the disgusting lumpy gelatine created my the cornflour and bin it. 3. Use real whipped cream."
"I love Taste of Home recipes!"
"Lovin_it, real whipped cream is always better and will totally work. I agree with you completely. Aside from the hydrogenated oils, "whipped topping" also eats fake eyelashes. True story."
"Why are we still using Hydrogenated oil (whipped topping )? I would think Heavy whipping cream would be better. Has anyone tried it?"
"This was soooo good. The cheesecake filing needed about 4 to 5 teaspoons more of lemon juice to taste, and I halved the cheesecake filing recipe and doubled the lemon filing. I had way too much of the lemon filling and still way more than I needed of the cheesecake filing. Over all though, I used the leftovers to make a second pie and two custard cups. I can't wait to eat this and share with my friends. Fresh lemons really made the difference I think in the rich flavor of the pie, so I highly recommend that. THANK YOU for this recipe!!!!"