- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add the remaining sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into pie shell; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a #21 star tip; pipe stars onto pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Supreme Pie
Sort By :
"Good recipe but added a few changes to make it great. 1. Don't use a pre made base. Use 250g of crushed digestives (17 biscuits), put in bag then demolish with a rolling pin. Pop it in a bowl then add 110g of melted butter mixing then push into a removable base tin then place in oven at 160 for 8 minutes. 2. Once you have made the lemon topping sive the sauce and remove all the disgusting lumpy gelatine created my the cornflour and bin it. 3. Use real whipped cream."
"I love Taste of Home recipes!"
"Lovin_it, real whipped cream is always better and will totally work. I agree with you completely. Aside from the hydrogenated oils, "whipped topping" also eats fake eyelashes. True story."
"Why are we still using Hydrogenated oil (whipped topping )? I would think Heavy whipping cream would be better. Has anyone tried it?"
"This was soooo good. The cheesecake filing needed about 4 to 5 teaspoons more of lemon juice to taste, and I halved the cheesecake filing recipe and doubled the lemon filing. I had way too much of the lemon filling and still way more than I needed of the cheesecake filing. Over all though, I used the leftovers to make a second pie and two custard cups. I can't wait to eat this and share with my friends. Fresh lemons really made the difference I think in the rich flavor of the pie, so I highly recommend that. THANK YOU for this recipe!!!!"