- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add remaining sugar. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring, if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into pie shell; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #21 star tip. Transfer reserved cream cheese mixture to bag. Pipe stars onto pie. Refrigerate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Supreme Pie
"This is an excellent recipe. I used my own 10 pie crust and did not save any of the cream cheese mixture for garnish. Also next time Id will use 1 Tbs. less cornstarch in the lemon portion. When the piecooled the topping was a little stiff. Very lemony flavor,"
"I loved this pie! I used my own crust, and I didn't reserve a 1/2 cup of the cream layer for garnishing I kept it in the pie, which I'm glad I did because it didn't seem like it was enough to fill the pie if I didn't. I served it with whipped cream as a garnish instead, but it doesn't even need it. I also added a teaspoon of lemon zest to the cream filling as well."
"This recipe is quite good, but like some other people mine looks nothing like the picture. I ended up with about as much lemon filling as cream cheese filling; way more than pictured. I also experienced the weird slimy liquidy layer on top of the pie after a day in the fridge. Weird. But it tastes great and is super easy to make! This one is definitely a keeper."
"My family went crazy over this pie. They are requesting it again for Christmas."
"Good recipe but added a few changes to make it great. 1. Don't use a pre made base. Use 250g of crushed digestives (17 biscuits), put in bag then demolish with a rolling pin. Pop it in a bowl then add 110g of melted butter mixing then push into a removable base tin then place in oven at 160 for 8 minutes. 2. Once you have made the lemon topping sive the sauce and remove all the disgusting lumpy gelatine created my the cornflour and bin it. 3. Use real whipped cream."