Lemon Supreme Pie Recipe
- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add the remaining sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into pie shell; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a #21 star tip; pipe stars onto pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Supreme Pie(25)
Sort By :
I made this for Easter dinner and it was WONDERFUL! The only change I made was to cook the lemon layer in the microwave. I will definitely make this again the taste is rich and good and it was easy to prepare. I also plan to use the lemon topping in a couple of recipes which call for lemon pie filling.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!
I'm not sure what I did wrong. I am a good baker, and I followed the recipe exactly, measuring everything. However, the topping turned out 3 times higher than the picture, and the bottom was lower. Not sure what went wrong. Also, the topping thickened very fast, before I added the last sugar. I didn't have to cook it anymore after that.
Thank you for this recipe it is almost identical to the Lemon Lush Pie at Bake-N-Broil Restaurant in Long Beach CA, but they add a layer of finely chopped pecans on top of the crust - which keeps it from becoming soggy - this takes the recipe from super good to divine.
This Is A Keeper Lemon Pie recipe.
Very yummy n the tartness is perfect with the creamy layer. A perfect pie for an ending to a heavy filling meal. It's truly a 5 star pie in all areas!! Ty Toh for sharing it.
our newest favorite... loved it!!!