- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lemon filling, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; add the remaining sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- For cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into pie shell; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a #21 star tip; pipe stars onto pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Supreme Pie
Sort By :
"I love Taste of Home recipes!"
"Lovin_it, real whipped cream is always better and will totally work. I agree with you completely. Aside from the hydrogenated oils, "whipped topping" also eats fake eyelashes. True story."
"Why are we still using Hydrogenated oil (whipped topping )? I would think Heavy whipping cream would be better. Has anyone tried it?"
"This was soooo good. The cheesecake filing needed about 4 to 5 teaspoons more of lemon juice to taste, and I halved the cheesecake filing recipe and doubled the lemon filing. I had way too much of the lemon filling and still way more than I needed of the cheesecake filing. Over all though, I used the leftovers to make a second pie and two custard cups. I can't wait to eat this and share with my friends. Fresh lemons really made the difference I think in the rich flavor of the pie, so I highly recommend that. THANK YOU for this recipe!!!!"
"My husband likes this refreshing pie. I have used other toppings over the cream cheese filling."