Lemon Sugar Cookies
These are my favorite sugar cookies. The lemon adds a unique flavor. They sure are good with coffee when company comes. —Eula Forbes, Wagoner, Oklahoma
66 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars and
- oil until blended. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour, baking
- soda and cream of tartar; stir into butter mixture (dough will be
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Press with bottom of a glass dipped in water, then in sugar. Bake 10
- minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Yield: about 11 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 106 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.