Lemon-Studded Artichokes Recipe
For a change-of-pace side dish or appetizer, microwave some artichokes. Lorraine Galazyk of South Surrey, British Columbia flavors them with lemon slices and garlic butter, which is great for dipping.
- 2 medium artichokes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Rinse artichokes well; trim stems. With scissors, snip 1 in. off the tops. Snip the tip end from each leaf. Brush cut edges with the lemon juice. Spread artichokes leaves open. Using a small knife, carefully cut around each center choke. Scoop out and discard the fuzzy centers.
- 2. Cut each of the lemon slices into six wedges; place between artichoke leaves. Place artichokes in an 8-in. microwave-safe dish. Combine butter and garlic; pour over artichokes.
- 3. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until artichokes are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with garlic butter from the dish. Yield: 2 servings.
B> 1 serving equals 576 calories, 57 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC