For a change-of-pace side dish or appetizer, microwave some artichokes. Lorraine Galazyk of South Surrey, British Columbia flavors them with lemon slices and garlic butter, which is great for dipping.
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
- 2 medium artichokes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse artichokes well; trim stems. With scissors, snip 1 in. off the tops. Snip the tip end from each leaf. Brush cut edges with the lemon juice. Spread artichokes leaves open. Using a small knife, carefully cut around each center choke. Scoop out and discard the fuzzy centers.
- Cut each of the lemon slices into six wedges; place between artichoke leaves. Place artichokes in an 8-in. microwave-safe dish. Combine butter and garlic; pour over artichokes.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until artichokes are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with garlic butter from the dish. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Studded Artichokes in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p21
Reviews for Lemon-Studded Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2009
"Excellent, cooks great in the microwave."