- 2 medium artichokes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse artichokes well; trim stems. With scissors, snip 1 in. off the tops. Snip the tip end from each leaf. Brush cut edges with the lemon juice. Spread artichokes leaves open. Using a small knife, carefully cut around each center choke. Scoop out and discard the fuzzy centers.
- Cut each of the lemon slices into six wedges; place between artichoke leaves. Place artichokes in an 8-in. microwave-safe dish. Combine butter and garlic; pour over artichokes.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until artichokes are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with garlic butter from the dish. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Studded Artichokes in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p21
Reviews for Lemon-Studded Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2009
Excellent, cooks great in the microwave.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >