Lemon Streusel Muffins Recipe
"These delicate lemon muffins are wonderful served with bacon and eggs on Sunday mornings...or with a shrimp soup and garden salad for lunch," advises Mary Kelly of Hopland, California.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 331 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Streusel Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC