Lemon Streusel Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup mixture for topping; stir in nuts and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the remaining cake mixture, milk and eggs on high speed for 2 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the batter and spread to edges of pan.
- 3. Sprinkle with reserved cake mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 377 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Streusel Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.