Lemon Streusel Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup mixture for topping; stir in nuts and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the remaining cake mixture, milk and eggs on high speed for 2 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the batter and spread to edges of pan.
- 3. Sprinkle with reserved cake mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 377 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Lemon Streusel Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.