- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- LEMON STREUSEL:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and extracts; beat well. Beat in milk. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon peel and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 23-27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forLemon-Streusel Blueberry Muffins
"Always a success. These are so moist and delicious."
"Absolutely delicious! I didn't have any ground cardamom, but they tasted great without it."
"What a wonderful recipe! We made these Easter morning and enjoyed them with fresh fruit and yogurt. So delicious!! Highly recommend."