Lemon Strawberry Tarts
Freeze the extra cookies and repeat the dessert idea the following week. For an even easier dessert, purchase bakery sugar cookies instead of baking them yourself.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup chilled lemon curd
- 6 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream
- Cut the cookie dough into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread six cookies with 2 tablespoons lemon curd. Garnish with
- strawberries and whipped cream. Save remaining cookies for another
- use. Yield: 6 tarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tart equals 267 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.