Lemon Sponge Pudding
You'll want to pucker up and kiss the cook once you try this comforting pudding bursting with fresh lemon flavor! "It's wonderful served warm," confides Evelyn Kating of Pryor, Oklahoma," and impossible not to scrape the bowl!"
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 egg, separated
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk, lemon juice and
- peel. Beat egg yolk; add to lemon mixture. In a bowl, beat egg white
- until stiff peaks form; fold into lemon mixture. Place two ungreased
- 6-oz. custard cups in an 8-in. square baking pan. Divide lemon
- mixture between the cups.
- Pour hot water into pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.