Lemon Sponge Pudding Recipe
You'll want to pucker up and kiss the cook once you try this comforting pudding bursting with fresh lemon flavor! "It's wonderful served warm," confides Evelyn Kating of Pryor, Oklahoma," and impossible not to scrape the bowl!"
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in milk, lemon juice and peel. Beat egg yolk; add to lemon mixture. In a bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold into lemon mixture. Place two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups in an 8-in. square baking pan. Divide lemon mixture between the cups.
- Pour hot water into pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Sponge Pudding in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Sponge Pudding(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 3, 2013
This is a wonderful not too sweet lemon pudding. My family love it!