I enjoy fish very much, and I especially like it fried. But my doctor has said it's a no-no! So this is a very tasty way to prepare fish without adding lots or extra fat and calories. —Anne Powers of Munford, Alabama
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, soy
- sauce, sugar and ginger; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Arrange the fillets in a 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with
- lemon-pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.