I enjoy fish very much, and I especially like it fried. But my doctor has said it's a no-no! So this is a very tasty way to prepare fish without adding lots or extra fat and calories. —Anne Powers of Munford, Alabama
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and ginger; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Arrange the fillets in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Soy Roughy in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Soy Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review