- For meringue, beat egg whites until foamy. Add vanilla and cream of
- tartar. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks
- form; set aside. Fold sour cream into the lemon mixture; pour into
- pastry shell.
- Cover with meringue, sealing to edges of pastry. Bake at 350° for
- 12-15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with lemon peel strips if
- desired. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 425 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.