- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Blend a small amount into egg yolks; mix well. Return all to pan; mix well. cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and peel; mix well. Set aside.
- For meringue, beat egg whites until foamy. Add vanilla and cream of tartar. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside. Fold sour cream into the lemon mixture; pour into pastry shell.
- Cover with meringue, sealing to edges of pastry. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Garnish with lemon peel strips if desired. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Sour Cream Pie
Sort By :
"Have made this twice & always a BIG hit with my husband. It's a keeper for us!"
"I had lemon sour cream pie at a local restaurant and came home and googled for a recipe. I found this one. I made this yesterday. It is better than this restaurant that features pies on their menu. Easy to follow directions. Followed it as it!! So good!! Will definitely make this pie again!"
"This is the best lemon pie I have ever tasted and my family loves it. It is simply delicious."
"Excellent flavor and texture for this pie. Everyone at work loved it!! I will definitely be making this pie again."
"i rated this recipe excellant but stars went back to 4 and i didn;t notice"