- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine sugar and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Add rhubarb; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Add thawed
- strawberries; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room
- temperature. Stir in vanilla. Cool sauce; refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, remove sides of springform pan. Spoon 1/2 cup
- sauce onto center of torte; top with fresh strawberries. Serve with
- remaining sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 429 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now