Lemon Snowballs Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Add lemon juice and peel. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Add almonds. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned (cookies will not brown on top).
- 3. Remove immediately to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 144 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Snowballs Cookie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.