- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Add lemon juice and peel. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Add almonds. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned (cookies will not brown on top).
- Remove immediately to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Snowballs Cookie
Sort By :
Sandra it could just be the butter you used cuz that can make them go flat
I just finised these, but they didn't stay completely round like the picture. I put dough in refrigerator over night. Are there any cookie or baking experts out there that might offer some suggestions or advice?
I just finished baking these but mine also lost it's ball look. I did everything the recipe said. Even left in frig. overnight. Anyone have any suggestions? Appreciate it.
The cookies were not lemony enough for my taste so next time will add more lemon zest and juice. They did not stay in a ball shape as the picture suggests but overall a very good cookie.
I would prefer a stronger lemon flavor, but I was pleased with the way the cookies turned out. I used a 1" scoop to form the balls and did not chill the dough. The cookies spread just a little. Were perfectly acceptable size and texture.