Lemon Snow Pudding Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Juice of 1 large lemon (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 egg whites
- CUSTARD SAUCE:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk, scalded and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine water, lemon juice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and clear.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add to saucepan and beat with a wire whisk until mixed, about 2 minutes. Let stand for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine egg yolks, salt and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat; immediately place pan in cold water to cool. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add vanilla. Chill.
- 4. To serve, spoon pudding into individual serving dishes and top with sauce. Sauce will settle to bottom of dish. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 239 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (43g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Lemon Snow Pudding
"I made this recipe, however, once the lemon snow cooled it separated. I feel it is much too sweet."
"Has anyone tried this using a sugar substitute? My husband is diabetic, and this used to be one of his favorite desserts. - would love to hear from anyone about this!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.