Lemon Snow Pudding Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Juice of 1 large lemon (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 egg whites
- CUSTARD SAUCE:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk, scalded and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, lemon juice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and clear.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add to saucepan and beat with a wire whisk until mixed, about 2 minutes. Let stand for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine egg yolks, salt and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat; immediately place pan in cold water to cool. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add vanilla. Chill.
- To serve, spoon pudding into individual serving dishes and top with sauce. Sauce will settle to bottom of dish. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Snow Pudding(2)
Sort By :
I made this recipe, however, once the lemon snow cooled it separated. I feel it is much too sweet.
Has anyone tried this using a sugar substitute? My husband is diabetic, and this used to be one of his favorite desserts. - would love to hear from anyone about this!