Lemon Snap Peas Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add snap peas; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place snap peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the peas, lemon peel and thyme in butter until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Snap Peas
"These were a hit! Easy and delicious. Thank you for sharing recipe"