Lemon Snap Peas Recipe
Fifteen minutes, thyme and lemon are really all you need for this delicious side that really comes together in, you guessed it, a snap. Marguerite Shaeffer — Sewell, New Jersey
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add snap peas; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place snap peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the peas, lemon peel and thyme in butter until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup: 79 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Snap Peas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC