Lemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and onions in butter and oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender and shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- 3. Stir cheese and parsley into rice; serve with shrimp. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup shrimp mixture with 1 cup rice equals 438 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 908 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.