Lemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and onions in butter and oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender and shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- 3. Stir cheese and parsley into rice; serve with shrimp. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 438 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Lemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice
"Other than using basmati rice, instead of instant, I made this exactly as written. I am a ship's chief cook, and I ran out of it halfway through the meal, with plenty of disappointed sailors. It is now a keeper in my seafood rotation."
"Great! Quick delicious dinner. I used Jasmine rice and skipped the cheese. Served with saut?ed veggies and a salad."
"Delicious! We really enjoyed this dish. I didn't have green onions so I used white onion. I also used brown jasmine rice. Very yummy!"
"Delicious and simple. My husband and picky daughter loved it. I made it exactly as stated and it came out perfectly. I served it with slices of garlic bread and steamed spinach."
"Delicious. I used brown basmati rice, and it turned out great."
"loved it , I used less cheese only for calorie reasons -"
"Yum! Used long grain rice & less parmesan- my teen went crazy with it."
"I have made this recipe twice and we really liked it although I did decrease the cheese to 1/4 c. and added chopped broccoli one time and fresh sugar peas the next. Both were excellent."
"So simple, easy and fast to make! Although I didn't go the instant rice route, I made my rice in a standard rice cooker and just replaced the water with the chicken broth and let it cook the rice that way. Will definitely make this again! :)"
"I found this in the ToH mag a couple years ago and made it a couple times but for some reason forgot about it. It just crossed my mind and I HAVE to have some! It's so easy and the blend of flavors make this scrumptious. I'm adding the ingredients to my grocery list, can't wait to have it again!"
"Just fixed this for lunch today and loved it. My husband said it is delicious."
"excellent with wild rice as well"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.