Lemon Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup hot cooked long grain rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in water and lemon juice until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry celery and peppers for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, peas and onion; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups shrimp mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 326 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Shrimp Stir-Fry
"I subbed fresh asparagus for the snow peas and added a little crushed pepper to my husband's portion and we both enjoyed it..."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.