Lemon Shortbreads Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Yellow, green or red colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes. Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325°. Roll out each portion between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-in. diamond-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. Combine confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and peel; spread over cookies. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without colored sugar) equals 81 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Shortbreads
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.