Lemon juice provides the snappy flavor in this wonderful ice cream recipe from our Test Kitchen. The light, make-ahead treat looks splendid served in individual “boats“ made from lemon halves.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, stir cream and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir
- in lemon juice and peel (mixture will thicken slightly). Cover and
- freeze until firm, about 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the
- freezer 10 minutes before serving. Spoon into lemon boats or dessert
- dishes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 295 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.