Lemon Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix and eggs until well blended. Fold in pie filling.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 30-35 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Sheet Cake(22)
Sort By :
My aunt brought this to a family function and I had to have the recipe. I've taken them places and people always like them. My husband and kids love them for a change of pace from my "old stand by" cookies and bars. I use a slightly different cream cheese frosting, but that is just because it is tried and true, rather than trying a different one.
Question: Even though the cake recipe calls for water, oil and eggs, I still mix ONLY the poweder mix and the eggs? I did it this way and it turned out great but the batter looks very odd when you put in the pan - greasy and slimy??? Thanks.
I made this recipe last week for my grandson. I had clipped it out of the original TOH issue. It was very tasty but a little under cooked and gooey in the center of the sheet cake. Don't know why!
I tried this recipe last night and was greatly disappointed. I found it to be somewhat expensive with the lemon pie filling, but thought I would give it a try. It is very moist but doesn't have much flavor. I am a "from scratch" cook, so I don't know if it was the mix or what. We weren't impressed.
Have made this many times since first found it in an issure of TOH 2003. Best lemon cake ever, and so easy!