Lemon Sheet Cake
Lemon pie filling lends a splash of citrus flavor to convenient cake mix, and a rich cream cheese frosting gives it sweetness. My family likes this cake cold, so I cut it into squares and freeze before serving.
-Alyce Dubisar, North Bend, Oregon
30-35 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix and eggs until well blended. Fold
- in pie filling.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners'
- sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 30-35 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 171 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white