Lemon Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix and eggs until well blended. Fold in pie filling.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 30-35 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 171 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.