Lemon pie filling lends a splash of citrus flavor to convenient cake mix, and a rich cream cheese frosting gives it sweetness. My family likes this cake cold, so I cut it into squares and freeze before serving. -Alyce Dubisar, North Bend, Oregon
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix and eggs until well blended. Fold in pie filling.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 30-35 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Sheet Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Sheet Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review