Lemon-Sesame Veggie Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, pepper and onion; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and reserve marinade.
- 2. Thread vegetables onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 kabob (calculated without rice) equals 51 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.