- 1 pound uncooked vermicelli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 to 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Gallo® Family Vineyards Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 15 Greek olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Add lemon peel, lemon juice and wine; saute 1 minute. Stir in capers, olives and sun-dried tomatoes; saute 1 minute.
- Drain vermicelli; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley; gently toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Seafood Pasta in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Seafood Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review