Lemon-Scented Broccolini Recipe
Even the most finicky eaters will eagerly eat this vegetable seasoned with lemon-pepper, lemon peel and lemon juice. If you prefer, use broccoli instead.—Kim Champion, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2-1/2 pounds Broccolini or broccoli spears
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add Broccolini; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place Broccolini in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon-pepper, lemon peel and salt. Add Broccolini; cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 90 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon-Scented Broccolini
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC