“If you do not like broccoli, you might change your mind after tasting this festive dish,“ predicts Wills Point, Texas field editor Dorothy Pritchett. It is simple yet elegant with a delightful lemon sauce.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden brown; set
- aside. Place broccoli in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth
- and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1
- minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon
- peel and pepper. Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl; top
- with lemon sauce and pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium broth) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium,