Lemon-Scented Broccoli Recipe
“If you do not like broccoli, you might change your mind after tasting this festive dish,“ predicts Wills Point, Texas field editor Dorothy Pritchett. It is simple yet elegant with a delightful lemon sauce.
- 1/4 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden brown; set aside. Place broccoli in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon peel and pepper. Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl; top with lemon sauce and pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Scented Broccoli in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p16
Reviews for Lemon-Scented Broccoli(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >