At our house we opt for healthy foods, and this lemony salmon with basil is a knockout in the good-for-you category. We have it with asparagus or zucchini. —Shanna Belz, Prineville, Oregon
Featured In: 25 Fresh Basil Recipes
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- Additional fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with lemon peel, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons basil; top with lemon slices.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. If desired, top with additional basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Salmon with Basil in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Salmon with Basil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review