Lemon-Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
"This moist tender pork is seasoned with a wonderful herb and lemon rub I created," says Carol Birkemeier of Nashville, Indiana. "Even my husband, who is a chef, thinks this dish is special enough for company."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; rub over
- tenderloins. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-35 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 176 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.