Lemon Rosemary Chicken
A fast-to-fix overnight marinade with dried rosemary gives wonderful herb flavor to this tender chicken shared by Marcia Morgan, Chevy Chase, Maryland. The leftovers are delicious in a chicken salad and other dishes.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Combine the first five ingredients; pour half into a large resealable
- plastic bag; add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for
- 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste
- with reserved marinade. Continue cooking for 6-8 minutes or until a
- meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.