Lemon Rope Trees Recipe
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Green sprinkles
- 4 medium yellow spiced gumdrops
- 1. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, combine dough and lemon peel. Tint with food coloring if desired.
- 2. Divide dough into 20 pieces; shape each into an 8-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; form into tree shapes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies; decorate with sprinkles.
- 5. For stars, place gumdrops on a sugared work surface. With a rolling pin, roll gumdrops to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out five stars from each gumdrop. Gently press stars into frosting on tops of trees. Yield: 20 cookies.
1 each: 86 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Rope Trees
"Here's the link for the cookie dough recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Holiday-Cookie-Dough"
"where is the recipe for the refrigerated dough?"