A holiday cookie platter just won't be complete without these scrumptious Christmas trees from our Test Kitchen! Firm and crispy with appealing lemon flavor, they're sure to disappear quickly!
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Green sprinkles
- 4 medium yellow spiced gumdrops
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, combine dough and lemon peel. Tint with food coloring if desired.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces; shape each into an 8-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; form into tree shapes.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies; decorate with sprinkles.
- For stars, place gumdrops on a sugared work surface. With a rolling pin, roll gumdrops to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out five stars from each gumdrop. Gently press stars into frosting on tops of trees. Yield: 20 cookies.
Originally published as Lemon Rope Trees in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p54
Reviews for Lemon Rope Trees
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2009
"Here's the link for the cookie dough recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Holiday-Cookie-Dough"
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2008
"where is the recipe for the refrigerated dough?"