When it comes to fixing asparagus, I think it's hard to go wrong. The springy flavors in this easy recipe burst with every bite. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place asparagus in a greased 15x10x1-in.
- baking pan. Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over asparagus. Toss
- to coat. Roast 8-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 75 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.