Lemon adds a refreshing taste to this lovely risotto dish that's perfect for spring. Sue Dannahower of Fort Pierce, Florida sent us this easy side that's festively sprinkled with baby peas.
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet, saute shallots in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the rice, thyme and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. Total cooking time is about 20 minutes. Add the peas, cheese and lemon peel; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Risotto with Peas in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p34
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Risotto with Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review