A creamy, rich party-special alternative to potatoes. —Judy Grebetz, Racine, Wisconsin
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice and lemon peel; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth; cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in broccoli.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and lemon juice. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Risotto with Broccoli in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p15
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Risotto with Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review