- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet,
- saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil for 2-3 minutes or until
- tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir
- in wine and lemon juice. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the
- liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is
- creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20
- minutes.) Add the lemon peel, salt, pepper and remaining butter;
- cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate
- for 1 hour.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Place bread crumbs in
- another shallow bowl. Shape risotto mixture into 1-1/2 in. balls.
- Dip fritters in the flour, eggs, then bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- fritters, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; serve with fritters.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen (1/2 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 fritter with about 1 teaspoon sauce equals 249 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.