Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. For rhubarb sauce, combine the rhubarb, water and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, milk, lemon juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 3. Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with rhubarb sauce. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/3 cups sauce).
3 pancakes with 1/3 cup sauce equals 329 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
"This was very good My family enjoyed it and will make again. I did have trouble getting it to be cooked through out, but not too dark on the outside"
"I made these pancakes for my family and they loved them! I replaced half the white flour with whole wheat."
"These tasted SO BLAND! I didn't have the rhubarb, so I did not make the sauce...but they should still have some flavor..and they did not(and I had even added cinnamon to the dry ingredients). Could hardly even taste the lemon. They were also way too moist. I will not be making these again."
"These were beautifully light and creamy. My husband loved them. Will definitely make again."
"I made these and another ricotta pancake recipe that I had. These were the winner by far. I made them with orange juice and orange zest though because I wanted orange ricotta pancakes. They were light and moist."