Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
I'm a firm believer that rhubarb recipes cannot be too plentiful. Here, it is featured in the sauce for lovely lemon pancakes. These are yummy for brunch.
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. For rhubarb sauce, combine the rhubarb, water and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, milk, lemon juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 3. Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with rhubarb sauce. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/3 cups sauce).
3 pancakes with 1/3 cup sauce equals 329 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC