Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. For rhubarb sauce, combine the rhubarb, water and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, milk, lemon juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 3. Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with rhubarb sauce. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/3 cups sauce).
3 each: 329 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
"This was very good My family enjoyed it and will make again. I did have trouble getting it to be cooked through out, but not too dark on the outside"
"I made these pancakes for my family and they loved them! I replaced half the white flour with whole wheat."
"These tasted SO BLAND! I didn't have the rhubarb, so I did not make the sauce...but they should still have some flavor..and they did not(and I had even added cinnamon to the dry ingredients). Could hardly even taste the lemon. They were also way too moist. I will not be making these again."
"These were beautifully light and creamy. My husband loved them. Will definitely make again."
"I made these and another ricotta pancake recipe that I had. These were the winner by far. I made them with orange juice and orange zest though because I wanted orange ricotta pancakes. They were light and moist."